The Malaysia My Second Home Programmed ( MM2H) is a campaign run by Malaysia’s Ministry of Tourism to allow foreigners who fulfil certain criteria to reside in Malaysia on a long term basis. Successful applicants will be granted a 10 year Social Visit Pass with a multiple entry visa which is renewable for a period of 5-10 years depending on the validity of the applicant’s passport.
The programmed is open to citizens of all countries recognized by Malaysia (except Israel, Montenegro and Yugoslavia) regardless of race, religion, gender or age. Successful applicants may bring in their spouses and unmarried children below the age of 21 as dependents.
Sarawak MM2H: Terms and Conditions
Successful applicants will be issued ten (10) years of approved visitors pass with a Multiple Entry Visa (MEV) and renewal for a period of five (5) to ten (10) years subjected to the validity of the applicants passport
Who are eligible to apply?
- It is open to citizens of all countries (except Israel, Montenegro and Yugoslavia)
- Applicants must be not less than 50 years old, while spouse (if any) has no age limit. Applicants who are 30 years old and above may apply if there is evidence that they have children pursuing further education or undergoing long term medical treatment in Sarawak)
- Show proof of monthly off-shore income / government approved pension funds of RM10,000.00 for married couple or RM7,000 for single applicant; OR Open a fixed deposit account of RM150,000.00 in bank / financial institution for married couple or RM100,000.00 for single applicant;
- Successful applicant shall not, without permission in writing of the State Authority obtain any form of employment nor carry out any business while staying in Malaysia under this Programme. In addition, they shall not participate in activities that can be considered as sensitive to the local people and a threat to the security of the country.
- Maintain a fixed deposit account in any banking institution in Malaysia; together with submission of medical report from any public or private hospital in Malaysia.
- An application must be sponsored by a Malaysian who originates from Sarawak / Sarawak Permanent Resident, who is required to sign a Personal Bond as the guarantor for the applicant.
- The sponsor must not be from any individual / organizations of Land Authority / Tourism Authority, Government Hospital (for Health Tourism).Usage of agents, middleman or consultant firms are prohibited.
More detail info, please refer to link here. http://www.sarawak.gov.my/web/home/article_view/221/279/